INDIVIDUAL & CORPORATE GIVING MANAGER
LOCATION: Brooklyn, New York
REPORTS TO: Development Director
SCHEDULE: Full Time / 10am – 6pm
CPNYC seeks a strategic and detail-oriented individual to join the Development Department as the Individual & Corporate Giving Manager. Supervised by the Director of Development and working closely with the Development team and Executive Director, will be a selfmotivated, confident Development professional responsible for cultivating CPNYC’s hundreds of annual volunteers, building the strategy for and creating opportunities for donor engagement, taking a leadership position with both large and small event planning, and building the individual giving and major gift process. This role will be critical to developing a portfolio that will contribute to CPNYC’s long-term growth strategy as we enter into our 10th anniversary. A strong commitment to the mission of CPNYC is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In partnership with the Director of Development, this role will:
• Lead the volunteer on-boarding process to build relationships with Young Professionals Council and volunteers, as well as identify a pipeline of donors.
• Support the management of a portfolio of donors. Engage key long-term, new, and prospective donors to generate a substantial portion of the department’s annual revenue goal of $1.5 million.
• Create, execute and track strategy with the support of the Development team, which includes utilizing Salesforce and supporting monthly donation reconciliations with Finance.
• Translate short and long-term strategies into targeted goals and actions to drive donor satisfaction and result in year over year renewals and increases.
• Record accurate and timely data in Salesforce, pull reports as needed and use the database to analyze and evaluate effort.
• Develop the cultivation, appeal, and stewardship strategy for mid and high level donors while growing existing initiatives, campaigns, and events such as our Day of Service Initiative, annual #GivingTuesday campaign, golf benefits, gala, etc.
• Provide support as needed for E-Board, Women’s Philanthropy Group and Young Professionals Council members
• Develop and execute a diverse, year-round schedule of events for new donor cultivation and existing supporter stewardship.
• Collaborate with the Director of Development on all corporate partnerships and days of service to ensure that individuals brought in through the corporate pipeline are also cultivated as individual donors.
• Collaborate closely with other members of the Development team and throughout the organization to ensure we are utilizing CPNYC’s resources as effectively as possible to cultivate, steward and solicit support.
• Become a CPNYC “expert” and excel in telling our story. Act as a spokesperson for the organization as needed to bring in funding, volunteers, etc. Work closely with various departments of the organization to organize site visits and bring our work to life for donors and prospective supporters.
• Support the Development team in the creation and execution of all volunteer and special events.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree Required; Masters in related field preferred
• 2-3 years of experience managing volunteers and/or cultivating donors
• Salesforce proficiency and basic Excel ability is a requirement
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain donor relationships
• Possess knowledge of individual giving fundraising techniques
• Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to successfully develop strong relationships with donors and represent the organization effectively to multiple constituents
• Able to handle sensitive donor, programmatic and financial information discreetly.
• Able to operate effectively both as part of a team and independently
• A positive attitude and willingness to support the team outside of the day-today Development tasks
• Able to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external stakeholders
• Able to work effectively with numbers, budgets, and data
• Possess strategic mindset with an ability to think and focus on both the near- and long-term.
• Able to work in fast-paced environment and handle unexpected events
• Available on evenings and weekends for donor visits and events as needed
Children of Promise, NYC (CPNYC) is a community based organization located in Brooklyn that provides a year round, unique, integrated service model that meets the distinctive needs of children with an incarcerated parent(s). CPNYC’s mission is to provide children of prisoners with guidance, support and the resources necessary to effectively develop leadership skills, form positive social relationships and enhance academic performance. Implementing the principles and best practices of youth development, this innovative after-school and summer program infuses a mental health model. CPNYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.